Sunday, May 11, 2008

Grateful

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. ~Marcel Proust

I had a lovely Birthday/Mother's Day weekend. It started on Friday when I got to spend the afternoon with my girlfriends doing girly stuff--lunch, margaritas, gelato, facials, manicures, and pedicures. And after just one margarita, (actually Cathy only had two sips of hers) we were all feeling very happy. Or maybe it was just the pure joy of being able to chat without any interruptions from the little ones. Thanks girls, I'm forever grateful for your friendship!
Saturday, Wallis and I took an Iyengar class and then went to dinner... alone. I wish we had a picture of us to insert here, but I don't. Maybe I'll remember to take one next time since dates like these don't happen often...must document them when I can! Thanks for babysitting Steve & Jennie. We'll repay you back someday...

Sunday we went to my parent's house for a Birthday/Mother's Day celebration. It was a bit of a struggle to get any photos with Kelsea, since she was much more interested in hunting for bugs. But what can you do, she's two...
with lots of love to give
and laughter to share
Thanks Mom for a wonderful Birthday dinner. I am so grateful to have you as my Mom. I love you!

Thanks Wallis, Kelsea, friends and family who have made this weekend so special--you truly do make my soul blossom!

3 comments:

J.J. said...

awww how sweet...happy birthday and mother's day friend:)

Megan said...

I love those photos. You look so happy. Love seeing pictures of you with that lovely little girl. Can't wait to see you in a few months! Happy birthday and mother's day.

Cathy Bolander said...

I love that first photo. You both look so cute in all of them!