Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. Kelsea is back to sleeping in a crib. So much for transitioning her to a toddler bed. She did great the first week, and absolutely miserable the last three weeks. I think we're going to keep her in it until her feet start hanging out the slats of the crib...and even then....

2. Wallis and I joined Yogaworks. I've taken 4 different classes in the first week and loved them all. The facilities are amazing, the teachers have been excellent, and it's only 5 minutes from work. My girlfriend Cathy is also a member so I have a friend to try all these new crazy classes with. Today we took Barworks, which is a mix of pilates and yoga with a ballet bar. Besides a few too many push-ups (flashbacks of freshman year at USAFA) the class was fantastic!

3. We have now thrown out all of Kelsea's sippy cups that are known to have Bisphenol A (BPA). And as soon as I find where I stored all of Kelsea's old bottles those will be hitting the recycle bin as well. Which is fine by me, because those Dr. Brown bottles have WAY to many parts! And no Sara I still have not forgiven you for recommending me those bottles. (-:

4. There were lots of birthdays since my last post. Alla turned 3 on the 26th, both Cathy and my Mom shared a birthday on the 29th, and Jamie turned 4 on the 30th! Happy Birthday everyone!

5. Since it was my Mom's 60th Birthday we had a big party at the house. I now fully appreciate the many party's my Mom has thrown for all of us over the years! I drove Wallis nuts planning for the party, because I wanted everything to be perfect. I know hard to believe... but she is the best Mom in the entire world, and ya only turn the big 6-0 once! Thanks hon for putting up with me and cooking all 52 turkey/hamburgers! Here's a few pictures from the day...

My Dad's sisters Susan and Julie
6. My Pop and my Uncle Bruce (Julie's husband)
7. The Butlers and the Baileys (friends who are more like family). 8. The newly married couple, happily in love. (-:9. This was so yummy my mouth waters just thinking about it
10. Kelsea fascinated by the card that plays music EVERY time you open it! Thank god this card went home with Gramma.11. And since I haven't posted in almost two weeks here's some bonus pictures:
Four Generations of women (okay so I'm not in the picture, but I took the picture which sort of counts right?)
12. My brother smiling at Kelsea's love of all things girly--a new summer purse. I think behind that smile he is secretly hoping that boys are in his future...

3 comments:

Cathy Bolander said...

#12 is my favorite. Sometimes I think having boys is a blessing too when I hear stories about baby girls.

Megan said...

Great 10! I've missed you and have been checking to see posts. Happy Birthday to your mom. Looks like a great party.

J.J. said...

sorry the toddler bed didn't work out! what kind of cake was that!!!?!?!?