Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. A couple Saturdays ago we actually got out of the house and had a date night with a few of our friends.  Here's proof in case you don't believe me. :-)
2.  We got back yesterday from our wonderful trip to Colorado Springs for my 10 year USAFA reunion.  When we pulled into the driveway Kelsea said "Yea, we're home, our beautiful home!  I love you home!"  I guess she had had enough of Colorado.

3.  We had such a nice time seeing all our friends, many of whom we had not seen in YEARS!  To include my soccer friends Polly and Laura.  (enter picture here after they e-mail me it).

4. Although I dragged my camera to Colorado, there were so many friends with cameras (and much better photographers than I) that I only took it out for the football game.  And I only took two pictures, because we left before halftime!  Ron,  hopefully yours is better than this. At least there's some proof that we were there...
5.  So we left the game early, because we had a very important date at FamCamp.  My old stomping ground.  Where me and my fellow Dawgs spent many evenings drinking beer, just hanging out, away from all the ridiculousness of the Academy.  So nice to see you Jeff-darn we forgot to take a picture!  Guess you have to come down and visit now.   We'll find you a cute California girl to date. :-)

6.  Thanks Stahr family for having us over most of the weekend (a surprise is being mailed tomorrow).  We are missing your baking already.  It was wonderful catching up with you and the Killins.  So what book are we going to read?  I've heard Cabo is a good place to discuss books. :-)

7.  And a very special shout out to our friend Mackie who opened up his beautiful home to us, cooked us a lovely dinner and kept Kelsea entertained!  Brian, Wallis's poker losses are in the mail.  

8.  We even went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, where Wallis and I had our first real date (12 years ago!).  Kelsea's favorites were the baby giraffe (but she wanted nothing to do with feeding them...those tongues are much too scary) and the baby monkey hanging on his Mama's belly. 

9.  Kelsea was fantastic this weekend.  For all her good listening and good behavior, we let her pick out any toy she wanted from the Zoo gift shop, and somehow she managed to find the only girly "toy" in the store.  A purse filled with everything a three-year old going on thirteen could want to make her toes and fingers pretty.  She even convinced Daddy to paint her nails two nights in a row, with a sticker on every single finger, so that they look beautiful of course!

10.  Thanks J.J. for taking family photos (again).  Sorry readers I won't be posting any of those pictures until after Christmas...I hear Santa might be delivering them.




4 comments:

Cathy Bolander said...

Well it sounds like you had a great time.

Megan said...

It was so great to see you. It really was a great weekend. Oh, and I will meet in Cabo anytime. I don't even need a book to read-haa!

J.J. Killins said...

cabo sounds just about right. cathy and sara, are you on board? alla missed home, too, she said she missed her bed. after mazie and jamie were at school monday she kept asking when we were going home. funny how important home is at such a young age!

Amy said...

It was nice to see you all! Wish we could have spent more time. . . 2 more little ones to add to the chaos at the Stahr's wouldn't have been too bad, right?!