Tuesday, July 21, 2009

5 Months

Well, I am not sure how it is you are 5 months old already because it really has flown by.  You are getting bigger by the moment and weighing in at 15 pounds, and about 25 inches (a not so accurate measurement done by yours truly).  

You are now eating rice cereal in the morning and either sweet potatoes, peas or bananas in the evening.  I have to hold your hands when feeding you because you would prefer to grab the spoon and do it yourself (much like your big sister).  You are sometimes sleeping the entire night through but mostly you are getting up once to eat. We often catch you sleeping on your side as if you were much older than 5 months. 

You laugh when I blow bubbles on your belly, and smile at anyone that talks to you.  Your face lights up and breaks into a big open mouth grin when you see your sister.  I hope that will always be the case.  

You can roll over both ways now, especially if there is a toy you are trying to reach.  You have been practicing sitting up or what I like to call baby teasers.  You are able to grab hold of your pacifier and put it in your mouth, and get frustrated when it ends up in your hand backwards. You are still a very happy, easy going baby and we're hoping those traits stick.  
 
And to honor my usual ToT post, here's ten of my favorites from this months photo shoot. (I apologize to non-family members for the excessiveness).

1.  It's kind of wet here, do I have to put my hands down?
2.  Same pose as your sister's 5 month pictures, even down to the placement of your feet and hands!
3.  Oh such a pretty face you have!  (I can say that right?)
4.  Do you have to keep clicking that thing in my face?
5.  Well, it looks like I might be here a while so let me just lay back and chill.
6.  Chilling is over.  One of the last pictures of round one, and how I knew the photo shoot was near its end.
7.  The beginning of round 2.  An almost smile, we're getting close!
8.  Why am I up here again?
9. Yea, a smile with your eyes open!
10.  The end of our 5 month photo shoot.  
(Don't worry she was all smiles again once I picked her up.)

4 comments:

Cathy Bolander said...

Love all 10 especially the 1st one. Her legs looks so cute & chunky. I also love the fact that the photos were taken on the lifeguard tower named Ave C. She will always have a reminder of where she lived at 5 months. Good job mama!

Megan said...

I love those pictures. She looks so much like Kelsea but still different. Her eyes aren't quite the same. I can't believe she is already 5 months.

Shelly said...

What a great photo shoot! I love the idea of sitting on the lifeguard tower. So cute! I love the last pic where she is DONE. I think it's my favorite :-) Oh, and I love her chunky legs too!

Amy said...

Oh, that's definitely not too many photos--even for a non-relative! Those are gorgeous. . . I especially love the ones of both girls together. They are just so beautiful. What a great family! We're looking forward to seeing you guys in Colorado in September.