Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. This is how we found Kelsea Friday night before we went to bed. She's practicing for her first sleepover.
2. I started reading Between Parent and Child this week. Hopefully by the time I'm done I'll be a better parent (or at least a more knowledgeable one) .

3. Kelsea's future wife (see previous post) turned 4 on Sunday. Happy Birthday Alla! We love and miss you!

4. Someone else also had a party this weekend. We celebrated my Mom's Birthday on Saturday.
Kelsea being her usual helpful self
Looks like it was a good wish!Grandma with her granddaughters
Stevie and Jennie (aka the babystitters)
Grandpa with his littlest granddaughter
Not pictured, Wallis & Katie

5. Thanks to last months Real Simple, I've become addicted to browsing this site, and this one, and this one.

6. On Sunday we went and saw Earth with some of Kelsea's classmates. It was much more traumatizing for me than her. She's been asking to go see it again since we came home from the movie. But what about the polar bear, hon!? What about the poor polar bear! (Don't worry I was only shouting this in my head.) That's the problem with the circle of life...someone always loses.
7. And in case you could not tell from the photo above, I am no longer a blonde, but a reddish brown. If you are wondering why, it has to do with the red roots that started to show up sometime after Lorelei was born. Strange that my hair started to come in the color I was born with, but it probably has to do with those fantastic pregnancy hormones! Better red than gray, right? I'll be interested to see what my natural hair color turns into these next few months.

8. So I went on my first run on Sunday, and I'm pretty sure an alien has stolen my legs and replaced them with much heavier ones. I kept telling myself that it will get easier, but when I went on another run yesterdayI did not find it any easier. It was pretty much like the run on Sunday only my legs hurt before I started running. And I'm not sure why I keep referring to it as running, since I'm pretty sure I could have walked faster at the speed my legs were moving. Oh well, maybe the next will be better, or the one after that...

9. Lorelei turned 10 weeks old yesterday. Here's a close-up of my beautiful baby girl!
10. Tomorrow we're meeting up with this family at Disneyland! Kelsea earned a trip to Disneyland for her transition to her big girl bed so we decided to join in on Cathy's Birthday trip to Disneyland. Since it's also my Mom's Birthday tomorrow she's coming along and getting in FREE!

5 comments:

Megan said...

That sounds like a very cool outing, especially since someone is free! Good Job Kelsea for getting into your big girl bed. That is a good book. It must be a parenting thing to think you were not great the first time around. I'm pretty sure Mazie is screwed up for life. But we keep trying. That's all you can do, right? You all look great.

Cathy Bolander said...

Happy Birthday Grandma Love. I think the red hair looks good. Sleepovers. LOL! You let me know anytime you are ready to have some crazy toddlers over & I will gladly send some your way.

Sara said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIR. It looks great.

J.J. Killins said...

so i'm not sure about the earth movie - what was your final say? happy birthday to your mom! and cathy! wish we could have joined at disney! fun! love the red!! seriously, great:)

Jennifer said...

I thought your hair looked different. I like it! And you didn't look like you were running slowly. :-)

I am also addicted to Real Simple. I wrote down those websites to check out, but haven't gotten around to them yet.