Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. No I still have not edited Kelsea's birthday pictures, but I promise there will be a birthday post by Sunday.

2. I got the BEST gift at my shower on Sunday! I was wondering why Megan didn't say where she was going on her solo vacation or tell me when I asked! So sneaky! But truly, I am so thankful for the wonderful surprise. It was amazing having you there...in fact I'm still in shock over it! I should probably thank your husband for taking care of your three little ones while you were here...only wish it could have been longer! And the cake, have to thank you for making that yummy chocolate cake we love!

3. Alissa was quite crafty with this pretty pink diaper cake. So sad to have to take it apart...
4. My girlfriend Cathy who is also pregnant took & edited these baby shower pictures (thank you)! This one makes me laugh. Hard to believe that my belly is three weeks ahead of hers. She has the pleasure of knowing that her baby Jimmy will be arriving the morning of February 23rd!
5. Thanks everyone for making this second baby's arrival feel just as special. An extra special thanks to Alissa & Kristina for putting this all together. I'm blessed to have you all in my life!
6. Besides my shower there was another special event on Sunday! It was my parent's 40th Anniversary! Congratulations--we love you!

7. Kelsea is a recent graduate of the Torrance Memorial Sibling Preparation Class. What a fantastic class. I almost want to take her back a couple more times it was so good!

8. Kelsea is 38.5 inches tall (75%), 30 lbs (50%) and 48 cm head cir (25%). I find the head measurement a strange one...I wonder how long they continue to measure it?

9. So my girlfriend Sara let us borrow a bed railing to try with Kelsea's big girl bed. No success. Kelsea still wants to sleep in "her baby sisters crib" because, well "she's not here yet."

10. My work took Cathy and I out to breakfast this morning at Martha's in Hermosa Beach for a little baby shower celebration. I dined on French Toast stuffed with strawberries and cream cheese, with a little hot chocolate to wash it all down. Check out her #10 for the group photo.

5 comments:

Cathy Bolander said...

Nice 10. I can't believe what a big girl Kelsea is turning in to. And I'm glad my photos came in handy on your post. Nice going on the big sibling class.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm so glad you had a great time...and liked the little surprise that I had flown in for you :)

See, the Southern way of doing a shower for *each* precious little one is the way to go!!

:)
Kristina

Megan said...

I am so so happy that it was a complete surprise for you that I was there. I am also happy that I was not what you were thinking the surprise was going to be-haa. I have a cd of the pictures I took and will mail asap. I had fun and it was a lovely party. Happy anniversary to your parents. Kelsea will get the big girl bed soon. She'll just need to figure it out on her own. Love you and miss you!

J.J. said...

been waiting for this!!! congrats! wish i could have been there, too:)