Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. Instead of editing the rest of our Maui pictures, I'm forced to watch the premier of Heroes, so you'll have to check back later this week for a post on our trip.

2. Kelsea's new favorite show is Sid the Science Kid. Nice to have a break from George (for at least a little while).

3. Even though we've been married for over nine years now, Wallis has officially become part of the family now. His diploma from the USC School of Engineering is on it's way! Which really means more time for him to finish the "get ready for the baby list".

4. Kelsea is in a new clothing phase. A few weeks ago it was shorts, now she will only wear dresses or skirts. Hopefully this phase will end before "winter" (the quotes are for our MN friends) or I will have to invest in a few pairs of leggings and tights.

5. I finished 2 books and 3 magazines during our trip to Maui. It was so nice to read and relax throughout the day and not just those last 15 minutes before crashing on the pillow.

6. I highly recommend that all vacation plans include grandparents. Otherwise #5 never would have happened.

7. Kelsea is very excited that my belly contains her baby sister. She has already set aside 3 stuffed animals and her ballet slippers for her baby sister.

8. At the young age of two and half Kelsea adores clothes. She went through the Mini Boden catalog with my Mom and showed her all the pink dresses and skirts she wanted Santa to bring her. And speaking of Santa, Kelsea has quite a list for Santa Claus. Here's just a few requests: big girl bed, pink bike, pink watch, pink camera, pink flowered dress, pink polka-dot skirt, brown ballet flats with pink polka dots, pink umbrella...see a theme here?

9. Kelsea also adores her panties. When she was having one of her two year old moments, I told her in not so much of a whipser, "I'm taking your panties away." I'm not sure I've ever her seen her more upset about the prospect of losing all her panties! Not one of my greatest Mommy moments, but it sure worked on ending her tantrum.

10. Lastly, I don't recommend blogging while trying to watch a complicated show like Heroes....

3 comments:

Cathy Bolander said...

Totally true about Heroes. So while I blogged tonight I watched Gossip Girl. Love the Christmas list. I wonder what Santa will bring.

Megan said...

We have all had those wonderful mommy moments. It won't be your last. Could pink be Kelsea's favorite color or polka dots? That is one girly list.

J.J. said...

congrats wally!! ok i gave up on heroes because it's too complex and i hate reading subtitles while watching a tv show. ugh. anyway i can't believe christmas lists are already being made. alla wants to put a 'real live puppy dog' on hers. i might have to show her the mini boden catalog instead - ha!