Sunday, January 27, 2008

Party Details

As many of you already know, Kelsea was a ladybug this past Halloween, so we went with this theme for her birthday. I guess we started that tradition last year with her first birthday when we used her Halloween bumble bee pictures for her invitation. I'll have to consider this when Kelsea chooses her Halloween costume this year....

Here's a picture of the invite:
Continuing with the theme, I made these goodie bags for her seven boy friends. Yep, Nate, Brandt, Adam, Johnnie, Jake, Joey & Royce. Granted the last three are still babies, but how funny is it that Kelsea was the only girl!? Of course that will not be funny in a few years, but to her defense all her close girl friends moved to MN and CO!
My Mom and I made these the day before, and they turned out quite cute if I may do say so myself!

I hung the large ladybug stickers from the chandelier in the dining room, and decorated the house in red & pink, and called it a morning...until the guests started arriving at 10:00. Which was a perfect time for Kelsea and many of her friends, because everyone was gone by 12:30 and she could take a good, LONG nap. But not so good for our morning, as Wallis and I were running around the house like madmen trying to finish everything in time!

And no, we did not dress Kelsea up her up in her costume, instead she wore her princess dress that one of my Mom's dear friends had given Kelsea last year. In fact she wore it for her one year photo shoot that J.J. photographed.

Here's a couple of Kelsea in her dress last year:
And now this year...

3 comments:

Cathy Bolander said...

I love that she wore the dress for both her 1st & 2nd birthday. So sweet to see how much she has changed in a year. Look at that hair. She's adorable & what a popular girl with the boys!

Megan said...

How beautiful she looks. Sorry she was outnumbered and that we couldn't have helped even it out a little. I'm glad it went well though and that everyone had a good time.

J.J. said...

i love the one of her looking in the mirror! that's great! what a difference a year makes!