Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. After calling a few places it looks like those special wilderness schools do not in fact take toddlers. (Just FYI in case you Moms out there were holding on to that worse case scenario.) So instead we are trying the "act like a princess" chart. Earn 4 stars in one day (morning, school, dinner/bath, & bedtime) and you get to pick a surprise (read c-r-a-p) from the princess box. If this does not work I may have tell those special schools that my 3 year old really does have a drug and alcohol problem.

2. We are getting a second opinion on Lorelei's hips on Friday per her pediatrician's suggestion. It will either be hello splint or goodbye triple diapers.

3. Lorelei has been sleeping until 4:00 am this week. We have been getting SIX straight hours of sleep. I feel like I could conquer the world (unless of course that world is made up of toddlers).

4. Jake had his 2nd Birthday on Saturday. It was a beautiful sunny day! Kelsea was all dressed for the party at 7:00 am. For three hours all we heard was is it time to go to Jake's party yet? I think she must have know she was going to get one of these...
Happy Birthday Jake! Thanks for another fun party Vuoso Family!5. I was a little nervous when Wallis came home with brown eggs to dye, but come to find out they work just as well as the white ones. And yes dying eggs is much more fun when you are a princess.
6. Someone turned 7 weeks old yesterday! Her lashes are starting to look like Kelsea's--yea!
7. Lorelei either loves her bear mobile above her pack-n-play or is completely terrified of it. I was trying to capture the faces she makes when she stares at them but the camera distracted her. I need to video her watching them so that I don't forget those crazy noises she makes when she looks at them.
8. After four beautiful sunny days, rain is in the forecast. I know we need it but I could use the nice walking weather to help with these last few pounds...

9. This is my friend Alissa's last week of maternity leave before she goes back to work. Yoga will be lonely without her. )-:

10. This will be our first year of doing clues for Kelsea's Easter Bunny surprise. I'm actually very excited about it. My Mom did this for my brother and I all the way through high school.

5 comments:

Megan said...

I take it Kelsea has been a bit on the crazy side lately. We did the chart with Mazie (coincidentally shortly after Jamie was born). It worked for a while. Basically until she figured out she could earn stars, get a treat, and still be a tyrant. You can always send Kelsea here. You could take any one of mine in exchange! I would not have guessed brown eggs color the same as white. And I think dressing like a princess makes everything better. They should have princess costumes for moms. Maybe some of our days wouldn't be so long.

Cathy Bolander said...

I agree with the princess for moms. That's why I occasionally put on my tiara from my wedding day & do all my household chores in them. I feel powerful & pretty! And yay for her lashes. She looks pretty sleeping.

J.J. said...

those pics of lorelei ARE KELSEA! wow, huh?

Amy said...

I love peeking in on your beautiful girls! Sorry to hear that the older is being quite the stinker. I'll be checking in to hear how your strategies are working. . . I have a feeling we'll be having similar struggles (at times) once little brother arrives.

Shelly said...

You'll have to post the clues you use for Kelsea's Easter basket...that sounds like a fun tradition!! Good job mom for doing it all the way through high school! Also, I had no idea brown eggs worked as well as white. I intentionally bought white because I thought brown wouldn't work. Who knew? :-)